Well, hello again pals! Stephanie from S Green Juice tagged me to do a post on my 2012 makeup highlights, and I couldn’t think of a single reason why I shouldn’t. So here goes:
1. Which makeup brand stood out to you most in 2012? Drugstore and High end?
I’d be lying if I said I’d ever been impressed with natural makeup purchased at a drugstore, so I won’t. As far as pricier brands go, Vapour Organic Beauty has yet to disappoint me in terms of performance. In particular, I’m a huge fan of their multi-use blush, lip conditioner, soft focus foundation, and soft focus skin perfector (not sure if I’ve actually reviewed any of these yet. YIKES). The prices of the last two aren’t ideal, but I guess my skin prefers the finer things in life.
2. Best new discovery of 2012?
3. Best re-discovery – a product that you fall in love with over and over again?
Each time I use it, I’m reminded just how awesome 100% Pure’s Fruit Pigmented Mascaras are. I’ve yet to find a shade I dislike, but I’m currently using black tea with unprecedented success.
4. Best seasonal product of 2012? Winter/Spring/Summer/Fall
That’s a tough one since I generally use the same products year-round. Is that frowned upon? I guess I prefer my cooler shades of Alima Pure shadow in the winter and the warmer ones in the summer (when I remember that I own eye shadow— which is almost never).
5. Best and worst Limited Edition Collections in 2012 Drugstore and High End
N/A since I didn’t purchase any limited edition collections in 2012
6. Most regretted purchase of 2012?
Fortunately, I don’t think I purchased anything makeup-related that turned out to be regrettable last year. Food-related, however, is another story entirely (I’m lookin at you, late night Taco Bell runs).
7. Youtube and beauty highlights of 2012?
I’ve yet to explore this area of the internet. Any channels/videos to recommend, ladies?
8. What is your favourite/best video on your channel?
9. Best recommendation of 2012 from someone else?
See #2, and my sweet sis Danielle also made a batch of powder for me that I’ve been setting my under eye concealer with that I absolutely love. It’s a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, corn starch, and possibly something else. Maybe I’ll get her permission and post the recipe, or ask where she found it online.
10. Best makeup tool of 2012?
Eyelash curlers FTW! Any old brand will do.
11. What are the products you are excited to try in 2013?
I’d love to find a natural liquid liner and a nice matte red lipstick. Any suggestions?
12. Will you do a Makeup Collection in 2013, or an updated version?
I’ll try my very best.
Thanks for the tag, Stephanie. Your blog is a dream and a half!
Filed under: cosmetics, health and beauty, natural products