Today I’m reviewing another Primavera product: the Neroli Cassis Cream Cleanser. Let’s get to it!
Ingredients (provided at primaveralife.com)- “Water (Aqua), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil* org, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil* org, Polyglyceryl-10 Laurate, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (and) Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract* org, Glyceryl Stearate, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Leaf Extract* org, Sodium Citrate, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Xanthan Gum, Cyamposis Tetragonobla (Guar) Gum, Magnesium Stearate, Tocopherol, Levulinic Acid, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Juice* org, Fragrance (Parfum), Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Flower Oil, Silver Sulfate, Ribes Nigrum (Black Currant) Seed Oil* org, Ficus Carica (Fig) Fruit Extract* org, Alcohol* org, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract* org, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract* org, Citral, Geraniol, Benzyl Benzoate, Limonene, Linalool.”
The preliminary report that I created for this product in the Cosmetics Database gives it a surprising hazard score of 5. The ingredients with hazard scores above a 3 are linalool, unspecified oils, geraniol, benzyl benzoate,limonene, and citral. With the exception of benzyl benzoate, these are all naturally-occurring scent ingredients (none of which I am allergic to). For these reasons, I’m not too worried about the hazard score this product earned.
1. It’s free of parabens, synthetic fragrances/perfumes, and phenoxyethanol.
2. It’s cruelty-free.
3. It contains organic ingredients.
4. Ingredients are sourced from fair trade growers.
5. It comes in a beautiful green glass bottle that I’ll definitely be reusing.
Product Description(provided at primaveralife.com)- “This creamy cleansing milk helps restore moisture and remove impurities, leaving skin clean, soft and healthy.
- Organic Neroli Essential Oil soothes dry, flaky skin while calming and balancing the senses.
- Organic Cassis Seed Oil seals in natural moisture using essential fatty acids, smoothing, softening and strengthening skin.
- Organic Fig Oil helps prevent premature signs of aging due to dehydration.
- Organic Cranberry Extract helps protect against damage caused by environmental free radicals.”
Price– $28 for a 3.4 fl oz bottle. That might seem a little steep, but since one pump is all it takes… this product will be sticking around in my bathroom cabinet for several months at least.
Performance– This cleanser is a winner for a few reasons:
1. It’s extremely gentle and non-drying, so I can wash my face a few times a day without any adverse effects. This is particularly convenient on those sweltering days when I can’t seem to stop sweating.
2. The fact that the bottle has a pump eliminates the guesswork of having to determine how much to use.
3. After the first few days of using it, I couldn’t help noticing how incredibly soft my skin had started to feel.
4. What’s better than the softest skin around? Soft skin that’s also clear. This cleanser seems to keep breakouts in check remarkably well.
Scent– Pleasant, fruity (primarily citrus).
Rating– I’m subtracting two points since a few of the ingredients aren’t entirely hazard free, but I am still a pretty big fan of this cleanser– 8/10.
Would I purchase this item again? Yep.
*Product was provided by Primavera. Opinions are provided by me, always.
Filed under: health and beauty, natural products, product review, skin care