One of my sweet friends Chelsey who blogs over at The Fair Fox recently nominated me for The Liebster Award for up and coming blogs! Now, I know nothing about blog awards or the validity they possess, but I like Chelsey and I like answering questions about myself on the internet (remember Myspace surveys? THROWBACK). Anyway, here I go–
How to participate:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
11 things about me:
1. I tried to avoid trashy television and anything that felt like a soap opera from around the ages of 17-21 to appear cool, but I recently discovered Gossip Girl and can no longer keep up the act.
2. I try my very best to brush my dogs’ teeth a at least few times a week. Interestingly, sometimes I forget to brush mine for months at a time.
3. Oldies are my fave and the perfect shower music. Otis Redding’s “These Arms of Mine” gets me every time.
4. Scary movies make going to the bathroom in the middle of the night nearly impossible, but some self-abusive part of me still tries to watch them.
5. I probably consume more green tea than any other liquid (including plain ol’ tap water).
6. I don’t like dancing, and it’s something I almost always refuse to do (even when I’m by myself).
7. I’m undecided on when and where I’ll go to grad school, but I think I’d like to get my Master’s Degree in public history and work in a museum or library.
8. I change my pillowcase nightly.
9. I’m too nice to people I don’t know, so guys tend to think I’m interested in them even when the opposite is true. There’s a guy in my Spanish class who probably thinks I’ll marry him one day, and I have no idea what his name is.
10. I love to visit new places, but my fear of flying makes getting to those places incredibly unpleasant.
11. If I were forced to survive on three foods for the rest of my life, then I’d probably choose the following dips (no dippers necessary): guacamole, salsa, and hummus.
My answers to Chelsey’s questions:
1. How do you feel about roller coasters?
I really like them, but they make me vom.com roughly 40% of the time.
2. Are you afraid of the dark?
I am. In fact, I sleep with a lamp or the television on and on mute if I happen to be sleeping by myself. Grown up problems, am I right?
3. What’s your greatest accomplishment?
If you ask me this question next May, then I’ll say something like “getting my Bachelor’s degree with a 3.98 GPA.” As of now, it’s probably managing to not have an all out mental breakdown any time I’ve been in an airplane ever.
4. What’s your greatest failure?
Not getting Tony Hale/Buster Bluth’s autograph that time I saw him at an outlet mall in Florida. Also, not punching Kirby in the face every time he tries to convince me that it wasn’t actually Buster Bluth.
5. If you could have a conversation with your 13 year old self, what would you talk about?
I’d tell my younger self to tone down the eyeliner, be nicer to my parents, and avoid dating any of the turds from Shannon High School.
6. Who is the one person that has had the greatest influence in your life?
Danielle, my older sister. She is my inspiration for all things DIY and healthy lifestyle related. She’s also smarter than me, which is incentive to learn everything I can so I can defeat her on a game show one day.
7. If you could live in any other era/decade/time period, what would you choose and why?
1920s all the way. Listening to jazz music while violating prohibition sounds like a good time, and I’d probably make a dreamy flapper.
8. Are you a social butterfly or a wallflower?
I like going to parties and being around large groups of people, but I usually only interact with a few.
9. What sense do you think you could live without?
I’m too vain to be content living without sight, and I like eating too much to give up smell or taste. I’d probably give up hearing first.
10. Backstreet Boys or NSYNC?
NSYNC every single time. I could just faint when I see old pictures of Justin Timberlake and those curls of his.
11. What’s your go-to tear jerker movie when you need a good cry?
I almost said Blue Valentine, but that’s more of a bad cry. Ghost is always a classic.
My questions to you:
1. On a scale of 1 to 10 (least to most), how embarrassed would you be if a stranger saw you enthusiastically picking your nose?
2. Favorite candy? If you’re above eating candy, then your favorite fruit will suffice.
3. Favorite book?
4. Are you a one-piece or a two-piece kinda girl?
5. Any pets?
6. What are you doing to prepare for the impending apocalypse?
7. Favorite holiday?
8. If given the opportunity to slap any celebrity across the face, whom would you choose?
9. When people talk politics online as if their opinions matter, how does that make you feel?
10. Did you happen to find the $20 I lost recently? Just kidding. Beach or mountains?
11. What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
Would love to hear your answers if you have time, ladies! : )
Filed under: friends, life
Tags: blog, chelsey, liebster award, questions, the fair fox